Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Water Fasting

      I did a water fast yesterday, but it only lasted half a day.  But, it made me drop 2 pounds.
I went through a bit of an emotional roller coaster yesterday.  I was doing great and when 3pm hit, I got hungry.  So I ate an apple.  I get home from school and find out my room mates have packed up and are moving out already.  The one room mate owns all the pots and pans so I went to make some mushroom soup(which I haven't had in years) and I have nothing to cook with.  I thought they weren't moving out until the end of the month.  Me and the other room mate went and got a storage unit.  I am living with another family for 3 months and don't have room for everything.  I decided I was going to go to Winco and get some bread, eggs, and milk.  I was gonna stop at the dollar store and get plates and plastic ware etc.  And look for a pot maybe.  I had about 20 bucks until Thursday...very stressful.  But on the way to these stores I go past a burger king.  WOW!  I haven't had that in a long time.  So the emotional roller coaster and stress hit me.  I go through there and get myself a meal...knowing I'm gonna hate myself later but not really caring.
     I'm kind of upset that my room mate would decide to take these things so soon and not even think about me, who has to live here for two more weeks.  She's moving into a house that already has everything she needs.  And now the apartment is all disarray with no couches, no table and the kitchen cupboards are empty and the counters have tons of stuff on it.  There's barely anywhere to walk etc.  So  I went right to my comfort zone.  I did stop at the dollar store and winco to get those things.  I couldn't find a pot but I got a frying pan.  And today I needed more almond butter so I went to Winco again and got some more but I only had two dollars so I went for the peanut butter by the lb instead.
     I am really gonna try to fight this eating emotionally thing and I believe it will help to share things on my blog here instead putting it in food.  I came home from school today and proceeded to make things a little more organized.  I took things off the counters and piled them into an organized pile in the dining area etc.
     I decided to keep a food journal.  I found a blog of a girl who keeps one and got some tips from her.  So I counted up my calories for the day and I am at 1452 at 5pm.  Pretty good I think.  Plus I am trying to keep track of the nutrients I am taking in each day too.  My class has really been giving me a lot of information.  Now I am tired so I might catch an hour of sleep or something.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment