Saturday, September 24, 2011

About To Get A LOT Busier

Hello Everyone,
  I am still here going strong.  I went 4 days of working out completely.  And then I was kinda busy with stuff and my work schedule also hinders having any energy to workout..so it become a viscous cycle.  Today I went to Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition in Corvallis, Oregon.  My friend from Delaware went to the one in Philadelphia and she brought this one to my attention one week before.  YAY!!  I went with my boss from work and one other co-worker.  I didn't know that we would be standing the whole time and I dressed up and wore heels.  I think I was standing for a total of 3 hours.  OUCH!!  But major calorie burn, hee haa.
Here is the wrist band we had to watch.  Pretty cool.  I wasn't allowed to take pictures during the showing or of the guy that had the transformation.  But after the show Chris Powell was gonna do a meet and greet thing.  I wanted to stay so bad and meet him but I wouldn't know what to say and my feet were begging for some relief.  So I snapped this one.

I was gonna try and zoom in to get a better picture but he then bent down and got off the stage.  Still kinda cool.  I even wanted to meet with Jarvez(the man who lost the weight) and tell him he inspired me.  Because he really did!  It was so cool.  And I am inspired to move on.  There was a lady who asked Chris 2 cool questions.  The first was "What made you decide to become a trainer?".  He said when he was a teenager he actually had the opposite problem.  He was too small and when he went for football tryouts he just got crushed by the others.  So his parents bought him a weight set and took everything out of the living and put it there with just a tv.  Eventually when he was watching tv he tried to see how much he could bench press and was surprised by how strong he really was.  So it became a competition for him too see how much more he could do.  I think that's pretty cool.  And the second question she asked was "What's the first thing you tell people?"  I so wanted to know the answer to this.  He said he tells them that they have to believe.  If you believe you can do it, then you will do it.  But if you don't believe you can then you won't.  Pure and simple.  I knew that all along but it was nice to know that's the key.  Even Jarvez said that.  It's all head knowledge.  His transformation was amazing!!  They are gonna show this episode in a couple of months.  Extraordinary is how that explained his transformation...I totally agree.
In other news, I am going to college.  YUP!!  I finally got my Financial Aid letter and I start Monday.  I added a conditioning class which is just working out on my time!!  I have taken it before and I thought this would really help me.  But I am going to be so busy with school, losing weight, and a full time work position...I wonder if my friends will see me until next Summer.  They already hardly see me.  But I must take care of me before I can really help others.  So here goes.  I am super excited for this.  I feel like I won a great prize and opportunity.
  Ok, very tired from being up so late.  So I'll let you go for now.  Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment