Friday, December 2, 2011

Simply Put

I never do one of those "I'm thankful for" Blogs but maybe I should.
 First I want to update on the last 24 hours.  Last night for dinner I made quinoa and steamed brussels sprouts for dinner.  YUM!  And man that didn't satisfy my hunger so I also toasted a whole wheat bagel with spinach and artichoke cream cheese.  And I had the munchies later that evening so I ate two of my home-made reeses pieces and also a yoplait yogurt.
  This morning I weighed in at 256.  YAY!  I like being down 2.8lbs.  And so this morning I woke up and immediately had to go to the gym and workout because of my time crunch.  So I did that.  This day marks 5 days I have worked out in a row.  It's been a while since that has happened before.  I went on the treadmill(walking fast) for 15 minutes and the on the reclining bike for 25 minutes.  I didn't stretch.  Mostly because I had to hurry home to get ready for my MASSAGE!
That is so true.  I have never had a professional massage before and this was great.  I think I was lucky to be able to have a good masseuse.  I am not sure how to spell that word but I know it's a word.  Anyway, for over a week I have been having horrible pain in my left shoulder.  It has been stiff and not letting go.  I tried everything except for the massage thing.  So they were having a special and I decided to go for it.  I am so addicted and now I have to make up my mind if this is something I want to add to my budget.  With my working out and stuff I am sure my body would enjoy it.  The lady who worked on me suggested I get a massage once a month.  Sounds good to me if I decide if I can afford it.
  So I got home and ate these yummy treats.
Pineapples. apple, banana, and an orange.  Which I took with my iron.  Vitamin C helps to absorb iron.  And calcium hinders absorption.  *Something I learned from my nutrition class.*
So here I sit in the living room.  I was on the couch a minute ago but I moved over to the rocking chair.  I'm infront of the fire and just hung the stockings.  I love Christmas.
Things I'm Thankful For:
Living with a family
A massage today
the fire place
painting christmas stockings for outside
homemade reeses cups
healthy food
God loves me
Christmas
living with a family
a working car
being single ;)
warm jackets


OK I think that's plenty for now.  I am sure there is more I am thankful for but we'll stick with that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment