Friday, February 22, 2013

Joined a Gym Again

Three days ago I joined a gym.  Planet Fitness is the gym I joined.  People may have noticed that it's the gym The Biggest Loser recommends.  Or at least they sponsor a lot of things for The Biggest Loser.  I actually just finished watching the latest episode.

I have found a workout buddy, and I am so happy for that.  She is smaller than me but loves working out as much as I do and we can go together at random times.  So on Tuesday night we went at 10pm.  The gym has a circuit area that takes 30 minutes.  It goes by so fast and felt so great to work out all the muscles of my body.  I haven't done a full hard core workout yet but I will.  She prefers to go running outside but since it's almost always the rainy season, she has been ok with going to the gym.  It was kind of fun to show her all the things that I learned about machines etc.  

They also have a tanning bed there.  I did 10 minutes and felt great afterwards.  Since it rains here so much or there is cloud cover, I am not getting enough sun to help with my depression.  I wasn't realizing how much it was effecting me until recently.  I love that this gym has that.  I felt great afterwards.  I even went again today for 8 minutes.  It was a little shorter this time because I sort of burnt myself a little last time.  I thought I was safe but these are a bit stronger than others.  Here's just little snap shot of the one used today.

Yesterday I got a new Fitness magazine and a couple of treats with it.  I love getting tools to inspire my weight loss.
I am still trying to find a way to making my workouts more central in the house.  Putting the bike out of site makes it hard for me to go do it.  I was thinking of putting it in my bedroom but I am not sure what to do.  If we had different furniture then it would make it easier.  But I have no budget for that.  They say you should only sleep in your bedroom but I don't think I have a choice.  


President's Day was Monday and I went with a friend to Astoria, Oregon.  I have never been to that town before and it was great.  I drove and that is so therapeutic for me.
Here's a picture of me in the gym lockers that my friend took.  So I guess I'll catch you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment