Saturday, November 17, 2012

First, Accept Your Body

It has been speaking to me the last couple of days that I really need to think about how I think about my body.  When I started my weight loss, I was happy with my body.  I just wanted to be healthy and not be held back by anything.  Not that my weight was holding me back from being happy but sometimes it would throw it's ugly truth into my face at times...trying to buckle on the airplane and a stewardess asking if I need an extension.  Anyway, I realize that I have been putting my body down as a gained back all of my weight.  Every time a pound was gained I got depressed and ate some junk for comfort.  I think I am beginning to realize that I have been thinking poorly of my body instead of just excepting it and moving on. Of course there is a benefit of being fit and skinnier but that's just the added bonus.  So on this note...here's to loving my body and learning to accept me for me.  This is what God gave me to work with and He loves me either way.  He just wants me to be happy.  I have to learn to motivate myself.
    I am excited for Thanksgiving coming up.  I am going to love my body and only put healthy stuff in it.  Step 1.

    This last 24 hours have been torture since I seemed to have caught a stomach bug.  It's finally gone and I have time to get about 3 hours of sleep before I have to be at work at 2am.  On a better note, I am getting hired to work in the day care at school...the one where us students learn to be teachers and I am only one year into the program.  

  I am starting of thinking a small blog with tips for working/raising children and also include many activities that are appropriate for certain ages of children.  I'll think a little more on it but if people have opinions, please leave a comment.

**that posture I have on my wall to remind me to love my body and only make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment