Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Very Nutritious

Yesterday I got my IHerb shipment.  YAY!!!  I can finally make those chocolate brownies!! They also gave me two extra gifts.  Very nice.  Some jam and also some Vitamin powder. 

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I ate tons of veggies.  I went to a friends house for dinner.  They invited a bunch of others as well.  Well, I all of the sudden there was only one type of dish that couldn't eat and that was a plate of chicken, steak, and roast beef.  There also was mashed potatoes, walnut/raspberry salad, fresh veggies, and also steamed veggies.  I wasn't even tempted to eat the meat cause there was so many options of other healthy stuff.  I did lean over and ask her if she included so many veggies cause of me and she replied, "Yes" with a sheepish grin!  Yay for friends who care.

So I think I worked out once a week these last two weeks...yes, that includes twice.  I went today and I feel great.  I have just been so busy with stuff I didn't have much down time so I didn't make it to the gym.  It takes lots of planning.  But even though...I didn't gain any weight.  I was staying pretty much the same these last two weeks and I get on the scale this morning and it's 283!  Yay, I lost another pound.  I am hopeful for tomorrow when I see the scale.
  So tonight I went to the fruit market and stocked up on fruits and veggies.  I made a drink tonight.  First I juiced 5 apples and 2 kiwis and also 2 lemons.  I put that juice in a blender.  Then I added all these ingredients you see in the picture below.

It was delicious!!  Even my room mate tried it and she thought it was great too.  It was a bit tart with 2 lemons so I might just add one next time.  But I think the Pomegranate powder really gave it a great taste.  And each of these things have such good nutrients.  Anyway, I guess I'll end for now.  I am using this day as a kick off for a new race to losing 10 more pounds.  I really want to be down to 270 by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment